Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We're Baaaaack!!!!






Sorry we haven't done such a great job updating this blog. For some strange reason, we've found ourselves to be quite busy. Hmmmm....

Very quickly, here are the updates:






  • As most of you know, both babies are home. Marshall was released from the hospital on, Wednesday, January 16 weighing in at exactly 4lbs!!! When the doctors completed their rounds on Monday of that week, I told the attending physician that we were going home by Friday. He chuckled and asked me if that was so and I told him yes. The doctor said that when Marshall hit 1800 grams (approximately 4lbs) that he'd be ready to go home as long as he continued eating well and maintained his temps. Marshall weighed 1720 on Monday. On Tuesday, he weighed 1775 and on Wednesday... he weighed 1815!!! I told the nurse to go ahead and page the doctor because we were going home that day. She told me that it wasn't quite that simple and I told her to figure out how to make it that simple because we were leaving that day. After she left, I packed all of Marshall's and my things and just waited for the docs to come and do their rounds. When they came, I reminded the doctor that he said when Marshall hit 1800 he could go home. I showed him the chart we'd been keeping on his feedings, weight and temps and he gave the ok for Marshall to be discharged!!!! It's amazing how claiming something often makes it happen. Jermaine, our family and I were all claiming that Marshall would not be in the hospital beyond that Friday!






  • Our first few weeks home have been exhilirating and exhausting all at once. Jermaine and I are enjoying each day for the blessings within and are not interested in rushing anything at all. We often marvel at the blessing that God has given us. I wasn't aware that I could stare at anything or anyone for so long:)






  • Both babies had their two week checkup. Roslind weighed 6lbs, 7 oz and Marshall weighed exactly 5 lbs. It's almost two weeks later and Ros weighs 7lbs 3oz and Marshall weighs 6lbs, 14 oz. He's definitely catching up. The pediatrician told us that they are eating about twice as much as babies normally do at their size and age. She said it's ok though because they are still in the "catch up stage" which is the time between when they were born and their actual due date (which was Thursday, by the way). We've been reading about developmental milestones in this book my mom bought us (thanks, Mom) and they are meeting about 90% of the milestones for 5 week old babies. This is a cause for celebration because with their adjusted age, we shouldn't technically be looking at milestones until after tomorrow and beginning at week 1, not 5. In order to get their "adjusted age" you subtract the number of weeks early (6 in this case) from the number of weeks they actually are. For example, a 12 week old baby who was born 4 weeks early would have an adjusted age of 8 weeks so those are the milestones you'd expect to see baby making. I hope that makes sense.


  • Their little personalities are really developing. Marshall has become our family alarm clock. He wakes up (lungs fully engaged) every two hours almost on the dot. It actually makes Jermaine and me laugh at how timely he is. We figure that means he'll be punctual later on in life. Roslind is still quite the diva. There aren't many times of the day when she isn't naturally posing. Her temperament has mellowed quite a bit though. That is as long as she gets what she wants and when she wants it. Just kidding.






  • Enough words already, let's get to some pics!!! Thank you all for all of your prayers. They surely helped bring our babies home sooner. And the docs thought they'd be in the hospital until their original due date. Humph!!!
Roslind sitting in daddy's lap. I think she was telling us to turn the lights down so she can get her beauty rest. She was still in the hospital in this picture. The hat that is clearly too big in this picture, now fits her head nice and SNUGLY.





Didn't I tell you that I'm a real cool cat? Wait, why is this binkie half the size of my head?






Marshall being TOO adorable sitting in his carseat. Again, being mellow and just waiting for us to leave.







The twins lying on mommy's chest.







Ros getting adjusted in her carseat. Again, she'd just rather be left to soaking up some beauty zzzz's.







Daddy and Marshall spending some quality father-son time. What fine men I have:)





Mommy's little princess pondering whether she should stay awake for this picture or not.





The twins sitting in mommy's lap. They often find each other's hands and touch. It always warms our hearts.





The twins sleeping in their pack and play. Roslind: Marshall, I have something to tell you. Marshall: Ahhh, just let me sleep already!!!





This is mommy's favorite picture of Marshall. He's sitting in his boppy pillow. Look at those beautiful eyes.





Are we back in the womb?




Perhaps they are both considering a career in modeling:) LOL!!!

Sweetie Pie!!!!

Completely organic! They already love each other tremendously.

Who me???

The two most important men in my life- making my heart melt:)

9 comments:

Dramalish said...

Wheeew!!! I was about to track you down!
So so happy that all is well and that your two beauties are growing and thriving.
They're beautiful, A.
-D.

MoMo said...

April...I am so glad that you are all home now. Thanks for the update. They look so adorable!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys.
The babies look wonderful. You must be doing an amazing job with them.
Melissa

Tamara said...

Hi sister,
Nice to see that you finally posted some new pictures of my niece and nephew. I don't think pictures do any justice. Can't wait to actually see them. I love the picture of Marshall in his carseat with his hands all crossed. And the picture of the two of them from a sideview. They look exactly alike except Marshall is a little thinner than Ros. I liked all of the pictures can't decide which to comment on. I have the one of the two of them in your lap as one of my wallpapers. I think I will steal some pictures off here and put them on my computer. Any way. I will talk to you later.
Give Marshall and Roslind a big wet kiss and cuddly hug from Caydence and me. Or you may just want to lick them for Caydence since that is what she is in to. LoL.
Talk to you soon.
Love you,
Tamara

Bea said...

Wow - so uch change already, and the two are already such distinct little characters!

Glad all is well.

Bea

Criss & Shirley S. said...

Congratulations April & Jermaine,
Grandma Sullivan is right. They are sooo cute and precious. They will have fun with Caydence and their other cousins.

Grandma Sullivan said...

What a blessing, I just spent the last weekend loving and holding my two adorable grandchildren. I just love looking at their chocolate skin, it (thier skin) is so beautiful. I am so blessed to be able to love on my two sweetie pies. Let me tell you Roslind has her ways and when she wants something she gets it. Marshall seems to get his demands met by exercising his lungs. I love hearing their little voices and seeing them relate to each other. Jermaine and April you guys are doing a wonderful job as parents. Watching how you guys protect your two bundle of joys is a blessing. I love watching you guys takind care of your son and daughter. I can't wait to see them again.
I love all four of you very much.
See you guys soon,
Love Grandma

beagle said...

Wow! What a beautiful series of photos! What a gorgeous family!

Tamara said...

Okay Tee Tee,
We need some updateage over here. And yes, I just made up a word.

Get some more pictures up. I want to see my niece and nephew. If you could do this in a timely manner I would really appreciate it. Thank you!