Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome Marshall Josiah and Roslind Amariah

If you're visiting this blog it's because you are excited that Jermaine and I have just welcomed the two greatest blessings to this earth.


Marshall Josiah Knox, III was born Friday, December 28th at 5:45 pm weighing 2 lbs, 15 oz.

Roslind Amariah Knox was born Friday, December 28th at 5:48 pm weighing 4 lbs, 0oz.

Don't be fooled by their size. They are both healthy, fiesty and have TONS of personality (we wonder where they got that). Both babies are still in the NICU, but are doing extremely well. Their goal is to gain weight and be able to feed exclusively from a bottle or the breast.

Roslind has had all IVs and fluids removed and is eating on her own. She is a little jaundiced, but doing well. The thing that Jermaine and I are tickled the most about her is that her face looks like a little doll and she is very entertaining. She has some drama queen tendencies and likes things done her way. When it is time to eat, she wants what she wants when she wants it, or you're gonna here her roar! Roslind is now eating 31 cc at each feeding.

Marshall had his feeding tube removed today. Actually, Marshall pulled out his feeding tube (for the umpteenth time) because he didn't like it and the doctors finally caught on that he wants to eat from a bottle or mommy's breast only, so they decided not to put it back in and voila!!! He's eating from a bottle!!! He often lets us know that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and don't underestimate him because he's small. He also has a little reputation around the NICU for his fiesty ways. Marshall is now eating 15 cc at each feeding.

So, as you're reading this, you're probably gettng annoyed because you want to see some pictures of the little cuties. Don't be alarmed, there are some tubes, but trust us---- they're doing well. Jermaine and I are spending tons of time at the NICU advocating for our little angels. We are staying at the Ronald McDonald house two blocks from the hospital and it has been a tremendous blessing. We will post more about that later. So...

on to some pics!!!!



Roslind





Mommy, Daddy and Marshall in the Operating Room



Marshall


Roslind




Marshall and Roslind on New Year's Eve. This is the first time they've been together since their birthday.


Daddy with the twins on New Year's Eve

Daddy's Little Girl

Our first family photo!!!


Mommy's Angels!!!

19 comments:

Tamara said...

Those are some BEAUTIFUL babies! I could be bias, but I don't think I am. I can't WAIT to see them. I am almost 95% sure that I am going to rent a car so Caydie and I can come up to see you. If it's okay that we stay at your house! Let me know. I am so proud of you.
Hugs and Kisses for the whole Knox family!!
Love,
Your lil sis'

Unknown said...

Wow, the babies are fantastic and so are Mommy and Daddy. What a wonderful way to end the year and begin a new year. They are truly a blessing.

All my Love

Deb Lang

felecia said...

Congratulations again on the birth of those beautiful angel. I know they will be fine. God did not bring them this far to leave them now! I was a premie also at 4 lbs 6oz. I gained weight quickly. It still amazes me how fast I can gain weight. :)

Much Love,
Ricky and Felecia

Unknown said...

The babues are absolutely the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. I love all the hair. I am so happy for you guys. You all look wonderful.
Blessings!
MelissaB

jenn9 said...

Oh April- Your twins are beautiful! I am so happy for you.
Jen

olewin said...

God bless this beautiful family. Absolutely lovely little angels. Cherish them and treat them as the precious gifts that they are. My prayers support and love is with you two forever. My mom sends her congrats and prayers. I hope to see those precious little ones soon.
All my Love
Ouida

Dawn said...

April!!!!!!!
OMG your two little munchkins are sooooo precious! I was SO SO SO SO EXCITED to see them and you are one of my biggest supporters! You give me so much hope. I am thrilled for you and your DH. If you have time, please continue to check on me on Resolve...I hope to soon move over to the PGIF board. You make me smile,
Hugs,
Dawn

Ralanda said...

They are lil cutie pies. Congrats to two people who have always deserved to parent children. We all will continue to pray for your flower babies! Can't wait for them to get home.

Love
Ralanda

Grandma Sullivan said...

Jermaine and April,
I am so proud of the parents you have already become. Seeing you guys with your children is such a blessing. God knew the time and what babies He was going to bless you both with, and He blessed you with two beautiful, I mean beautiful children. Your love and nurture will bring your babies home soon. I can't wait to see them and kiss them and sing to them. I love you all so much and I can't wait to see you all again, soon.
Love,
Grandma

glomae said...

You have two beautiful angels. We're praying for you and Marshall and Roslind.
Love,
The Freels family

Unknown said...

April and Jermaine, I am so happy for the both of you!!! You look so happy and BLESSED. My neice and nephew are BEAUTIFUL!!! God bless you both, I love you.

tman said...

How's everything doing fine I know. The pictures look good and the baby's are beautiful that's what you call God blrssing. We hope to see you guys soon so take care and we keep you in our prays.

carliesmommy said...

CONGRATS!!! To all of you! This is a wonderful step in your lives that I know you have wanted to take. I am so happy for you! These are two beautiful and very lucky babies you have brought into the world!
Andrea Totten

Deb K said...

Your little boy and girl are adorable. I am so glad everything is going well. You guys must be on cloud 9. There is no greater love that that which you give and receive from your children. That is what life is all about.

hedgspethl said...

I am so happy for you both. I truly believe that babies are God's blessing of the closest thing to heaven on earth. May God bless you all on your new journey together!

Love,
Leah, Kenneth, and Emi

Grandma Sullivan said...

How adorable!!! Grandma is still learning how to use this blog stuff. I have been waiting on something to come to my mailbox and let me know I can post. Then I figured it out, I just need to go to the website. I'm slow but learning. My grandbabies are so beautiful. Little Marshall looks like his daddy and Little Roslind looks like her mommie. I can't believe how alert they are. They have changed so much since the last time I saw them. I wish I lived closer so I could see them everyday. I know in time that will happen (when I come to stay with you guys for a while after you come home). I know you guys aren't moving closer to home, I will keep praying that though. You both are great parents and I can't wait to watch you both parent your children. What a blessing. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Love you all,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Congratulations April!! They are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to keep up with their development!

Grandma Sullivan said...

Hello my beautiful family!! Wow!! Our grandchildren are beautiful and what a joy it is to see them grow so much. Grandpa and Grandma had the pleasure seeing our little grandchildren on Monday. I got to feed Roslind for the first time, man, I thought she would never get done eating, she drank three differen bottles, I think she drank 85cc that night. Then I held Marshall for a while. They are the cutest babies in the world. Grandpa was excited to hold little Marshall. Although, it was kind of scary to hold someone so small but he did a wonderful job. I am so excited that Roslind has been released from the hospital and I know in my heart that Marshall will be going home soon. Jermaine and April I love you guys so much and I love watching you guys love your babies. I will see you guys soon.
Love
Grandma

nikki101 said...

Hello April Your twins are a remarkable blessing from God, May God blessings be up on you all.. And may you have peace and prosperity....Always

Love, Nicole